Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Words

I'm going to take a little break from all the baby talk (sigh, yes I'm still pregnant) and share with you something that has been on my heart. The other day I was listening to a song on the radio, one that I had heard many times before but this time I took the time to actually really listen to the lyrics. After really listening to them the song really spoke to me and touched on a subject that I've been very adamant about for awhile The song is Words by Hawk Nelson.



 It speaks of how words can really affect a person and how the words we say should be uplifting and encouraging and pointing back towards God. This has been an issue very close to my heart. I have been on both ends of damaging words, and I don't like it either way. A lot of people today like to joke around and tease people as a way of having fun, I know, I've done it. But this can be a big problem. Though you may be teasing and just joking what you say can really hurt a person and bring them down. I've had people tease me in my life, and I've teased people in my life. It just seemed like the way to goof off with people, but after seeing how out of hand it can get and how I could hurt a person's feelings or have my own hurt I started reevaluating myself. I didn't want to continue this vicious cycle. I didn't want my words to bring people down but instead bring them up and encourage them, perhaps even put a smile on their face. I especially don't want to bring down my own children or husband with discouraging words or have them see me do it to other people. What kind of example would I be? Its not an easy task. It can be so easy to get sucked in and start "innocently" teasing a person and then it get out of hand. It's my prayer that I can learn to control my tongue and continue to uplift people.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment